So this summer break has been quite the roller coaster ride for me, to say the least. Went through a lot of tough times, challenges, but enjoyed many ecstatic, triumphant moments as well. So moving forward into this new semester, just thought I’d share some tips. Namely,
7 Tips for the Over-Productive Person:
1. Know the difference between being strict with yourself and being unfair to yourself. One is a catalyst for evolution, the other is a pitfall.
2. Know the difference between working smart and working hard. Not only does one waste more time/effort, it teaches you less as well.
3. Rest time is not a waste of time. Resting is not doing nothing. Sleep heals the body, but not the soul or mind.
4. Have clear goals. Swinging in the dark will get you nowhere, not to mention the possibility of accidentally hitting other people.
5. Appreciate the world as it is, do not live in/commit solely to your destination. Accept failure with grace. Smile and move on.
6. Do not aim for an idealised state of ‘perfection’. Just be yourself, find things that only you can do and work from there.
7. No matter how hard it gets, enjoy the ride. Pull your hands free from the mud, raise your sweat-soaked head to the sun and laugh because you’re trailblazing your own path through this chaotic world – and that’s worth something.